WSL: Linux Dev Environment on Windows¶
- docs.microsoft.com: WSL - Windows Subsystem for Linux
- Using WSL and MobaXterm to Create a Linux Dev Environment on Windows
- Setting Up Docker for Windows and WSL to Work Flawlessly
- Take your Linux development experience in Windows to the next level with WSL and Visual Studio Code Remote
- softwarecollections.org Software Collections give you the power to build, install, and use multiple versions of software on the same system, without affecting system-wide installed packages.
- kubernetes.io: WSL+Docker: Kubernetes on the Windows Desktop 🌟 A lesson on how to install Kubernetes in Docker KinD and Minikube.
- Ubuntu on WSL 2 Is Generally Available 🌟
- Microsoft Makes it Easier to Install WSL on Windows 10 🌟
- kubernetes.io - WSL+Docker: Kubernetes on the Windows Desktop 🌟
- 9elements.com: Developing on Windows with WSL2
- Docker Desktop & WSL 2 – Backport Update Docker Desktop Edge users will be able to use Docker Desktop with WSL 2 rather than our legacy HyperV based backend. This is available not only for Windows Pro and Windows Enterprise, but also for Windows Home users.
- itnext.io: WSL2 Tips: Limit CPU/Memory When using Docker
- Distro installation added to WSL –install in Windows 10 insiders preview build 20246
- pandorafms.com: Qué es, cómo instalar WSL2 y por qué es una gran noticia para el sector TI
- dev.to: Install Docker on Windows (WSL) without Docker Desktop 🌟
- techrepublic.com: Windows Subsystem for Linux 2: The GUI features developers have been asking for
- Windows Terminal 1.0
- Microsoft launches Windows Terminal 1.0, unveils GPU support and Linux GUI apps in WSL
Windows Package Manager¶
- Windows Package Manager CLI (aka winget)
- Microsoft debuts Windows Package Manager for your dev environment
- asdf version manager (asdf-vm) is a CLI tool that can manage multiple language runtime versions on a per-project basis. It is like gvm, nvm, rbenv & pyenv (and more) all in one! Simply install your language’s plugin!