API Marketplaces. API Management with API Gateways & Developer Portals
- HTTPs for Developers
- API Landscape and API Marketplaces
- API Managers with API Gateways \& Developer Portals
- API Management vs API Gateway vs Developer Portals
- 3scale API Manager
- Google Apigee API Manager
- IBM API Connect
- WSO2 API Manager
- Kong API Manager
- Tyk API Manager
- Axway API Manager
- MuleSoft API Manager
- Gloo Federation API Gateway Management
- Backstage Developer Portal
- NGINX as an API Gateway
- Lura API Gateway (based on KrakenD)
- Spring Cloud Gateway
- Mobile Developer Portals
- Layering domains and microservices using API Gateways
- ajay-yadav109458.medium.com: Concepts of API Gateway
- blog.oliverjumpertz.dev: The 10 Most Valuable Lessons I Learned As A Developer
- github.com/readme/guides: Functional Programming 101
- medium.com/apache-apisix: 10 most common use cases of an API Gateway
- siliconrepublic.com: 10 dev tools recommended by start-up founders
HTTPs for Developers
API Landscape and API Marketplaces
- chakray.com: API Strategy. How to create an API Marketplace
- rapidapi.com: What is an API Marketplace?
- API Marketplace vs API Gateway (What’s the Difference?)
Rapid API Marketplace. Free Public & Open REST APIs
- Rapid API: Find and Connect to Thousands of APIs. RapidAPI is the world’s largest API Marketplace, is used by over one million developers to find, test, and connect to thousands of APIs — all with a single account, API Key, and SDK.
- dzone: RapidAPI Provides API Marketplace and Insight APIs are driving businesses and innovation.
Apis.guru Large Archive of Sample OpenAPI Descriptions
API Managers with API Gateways & Developer Portals
- moesif.com: How to choose the right API Gateway for your platform: Comparison of Kong, Tyk, Apigee, and alternatives
- towardsdatascience.com: Building Small Services, Deploying on Kubernetes, and Integrating with API Gateway Abstracting Backend API Authentication with Python & Redis
- eng.uber.com: The Architecture of Uber’s API gateway
API Management vs API Gateway vs Developer Portals
- An API gateway refers to the individual proxy server.
- API management refers to the overall solution of managing APIs in production which includes a set of API gateways acting in a cluster, an administrative UI, and may even include additional items such as a developer portal for customers to sign up and generate new API keys.
- API Management vs API Gateway: Where Does API Analytics and Monitoring Fit?
- API Management vs API Gateway and where does API Analytics and Monitoring fit?
3scale API Manager
- 3scale API Manager
- Red Hat 3scale API Management
- Red Hat 3Scale API Management @Youtube
- OpenShift Ecosystem: API Management on Red Hat OpenShift with 3scale
- Adding API Gateway Policies Now Easier With Red Hat 3scale API Management
- Install Red Hat 3scale and configure tenants with 7 simple commands
- dzone: 3Scale Developer Portal Docs Per Application Using this open source platform, we to create a more effective version of your API documentation, allowing devs to only see that docs that are relevant to their work.
- dzone: Why Red Hat and 3scale Matter: A Developer’s View
- developers.redhat.com: New custom metrics and air gapped (restricted networks) installation in Red Hat 3scale API Management 2.9 The 3scale Operator now fully supports air gapped installation for 3scale API Management on OpenShift. Air gapped or restricted networks are isolated from the Internet and physically isolated from any other network. Secure environments such as government agencies and financial institutions typically require an air gapped installation for Red Hat Integration on OpenShift.
- developers.redhat.com: Enhance application security by rotating 3scale access tokens
- developers.redhat.com: How to expose a WebSocket endpoint using Red Hat 3scale API Management
- developers.redhat.com: Simplify load balancing for API gateways using Red Hat 3scale API Management
Google Apigee API Manager
- Google Apigee API Manager Apigee is an API management platform for developing, analyzing, securing & scaling various APIs and apps. It provides API technology and services for a wide range of organizations and developers to stimulate the pace of digital business. Through API, Apigee assists businesses to securely share data and services across various channels/devices in order to enhance the customer experience. Companies can manage growth and spikes in API traffic with features like traffic isolation and independent scaling.
- Apigee @Youtube
IBM API Connect
WSO2 API Manager
- WSO2 API Manager
- WSO2 @Youtube
- chakray.com: Why API Lifecycle Management is a MUST for Your Organisation APIs
- chakray.com: 11 Steps to achieving a successful API Management Strategy
- chakray.com: Por qué API LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT es imprescindible para la organización de APIs
- chakray.com: 11 Pasos para lograr una estrategia API Management exitosa
Kong API Manager
- Kong API Manager
- Kong API Platform @Youtube
- medium: Kong API Gateway - From Zero to Production Let’s start by exploring the API gateway architecture pattern and then slowly deep dive into the details of running a production-grade Kong API gateway.
- openshift.com: Modern Application Development With Kong Konnect Enterprise and Red Hat OpenShift
- medium: KONG — The Microservice API Gateway
- medium: Running services with Knative & Kong
- dzone: Breaking Up a Monolithic Database with Kong If your microservice design results in a very large API or multiple services accessing a single database, check out why Kong Gateway should be part of your project.
- konghq.com: Kong and Red Hat: Delivering Seamless Customer Experience
Tyk API Manager
Axway API Manager
MuleSoft API Manager
Gloo Federation API Gateway Management
- Introducing Gloo Federation for Multi-Cluster API Gateway Management
- solo.io: [Tutorial] Securing APIs with OIDC Using Keycloak In this tutorial, you will learn how to integrate the Gloo API gateway with Keycloack in Kubernetes
Backstage Developer Portal
- Backstage Developer Portal: Spotify has now open-sourced Backstage (under Apache-2.0), the platform of platforms to create a great developer experience across hundreds of squads at Spotify
- Backstage @Youtube
NGINX as an API Gateway
Lura API Gateway (based on KrakenD)
- Lura 🌟 An extendable, simple and stateless high-performance API Gateway framework designed for both cloud-native and on-prem setups.
- KrakenD: The fastest API gateway comes with true linear scalability 🌟 KrakenD is a stateless, distributed, high-performance API Gateway that helps you effortlessly adopt microservices.
- krakend.io: KrakenD framework becomes a Linux Foundation project KrakenD framework has been donated to the Linux Foundation and is now the “Lura Project.”
Spring Cloud Gateway
- Spring Cloud Gateway
- dzone: Custom Rate Limiting for Microservices 🌟 Enforcing rate limits on microservices is a common requirement in the API economy. In this article, we are going to build a custom rate limiting solution.
- cloudtechtwitter.com: Pattern: API Gateway / Backends for Frontends Spring Cloud Gateway provides a library to build an API Gateway. This is the preferred gateway implementation provided by Spring Cloud. It’s built with Spring 5, Spring Boot 2, and Project Reactor. To understand the offerings of Spring Cloud Gateway we must understand the API Gateway pattern in detail.
- medium.com/@jeevansathisocial: High-performance API gateway
Mobile Developer Portals
- medium: I want to build a car insurance app — which APIs should I use?
- medium.com: BMW CarData now integrated with Auto API
- medium.com: Field test: Using the Auto API to work with BMW CarData
- medium.com: Field Test: Accessing Mercedes-Benz Data with the Auto API
- High Mobility @Youtube
- Wikipedia: Open Banking
- Wikipedia: PSD2 - the Revised Payment Services Directive
- Santander APIs
- BBVA API Market
- CaixaBank API Store
- Banco Sabadell Open API
- Deutsche Bank API Program
- TSB API Developer Portal
- ING Developer Portal
- OrangeBank API PSD2
- Rabobank Developer Portal
- Cecabank API Market
Click to expand!
What is clean code?— Daniel Moka⚡ (@dmokafa) January 24, 2021
Clean code is the code if:
- it is easily readable
- it is easily extendable and maintainable
- it is as simple as possible
- it is cheap and risk-free to change
- it reveals our intent
- it has corresponding clean tests
What else would you add?
5 things I've learned in 10 years as a developer:— Nader Dabit (@dabit3) April 22, 2021
1. No one knows exactly what they are doing
2. Anything can be learned with enough dedication
3. Perception > reality
4. Taking on the toughest problems pays dividends
5. People like to make things sound complicated for their ego
Deleting code matters! You can provide tons of value by deleting code!— Daniel Moka⚡ (@dmokafa) May 5, 2021
Deleting code such as:
- removing duplication
- removing redundant comments
- removing unnecessary complexity
- removing unused code
Always keep in mind: The less the code, the less to maintain.
Top 8 Things I Learned as a Software Engineer (Developer)...— Ankur💻🎧💪 (@TheAnkurTyagi) May 23, 2021
A Thread... pic.twitter.com/P4AMGlzYA9
To be fullstack doesn't mean you know every part of the modern technology landscape. It means that you've made a decision to be open to picking up the parts you need as you need them.— Chris Ford (@ctford) June 20, 2021
If you want to be successful in programming, open this:— Nikki Siapno (@NikkiSiapno) November 1, 2022
Computer Networking For Developers 🧵— Ivan Velichko (@iximiuz) November 3, 2022
Need to get into networking but all materials you find feel like they are written for bearded networking gurus?
I've got a bunch of "different" articles for you! Written by a developer for fellow developers 👇 pic.twitter.com/HdgrG7yNys
Do we need "software architecture?" Some thoughts that might help you in our busy software development world 🧵— Markus Harrer (@feststelltaste) November 16, 2022