Google Cloud Platform
- Google Cloud
- Dev Library
- GCP Samples (Boilerplates)
- Managing Cluster Level Configuration
- Google Cloud AppSheet
- Cloud Spanner
- Anthos. Google’s Hybrid And Multi-Cloud Platform
- Cloud Code
- Google Cloud Buildpacks
- Google Cloud Deploy
- Cloud SQL
- googlecloudcheatsheet.withgoogle.com: Google Cloud Developer cheat sheet
- cloud.google.com: DevOps
- Cloud Developer Tools
- Google Cloud Code
- Google Cloud Build
- Platform comparisons
- whizlabs.com: Introduction To Google Cloud Platform
- cloud.google.com: Training more than 40 million new people on Google Cloud skills
- cloud.google.com: Microservices architecture on Google Cloud
- New Cloud Shell Editor: Get your first cloud-native app running in minutes
- techradar.com: Google Cloud is making it easier for developers to smuggle ‘secrets’ in their code Google Cloud wants to make building secure applications simpler
- venturebeat.com: Google Cloud announces Network Connectivity Center to simplify hybrid cloud management
- cloud.google.com: Demystifying Cloud Spanner multi-region configurations Cloud Spanner remains unique as a managed relational database that scales across regions while maintaining strong consistency. How does the regional and multi-regional setup differ?
- cloud.google.com: Compare AWS and Azure services to Google Cloud
- thecloudgirl.dev: What is Google Cloud Load Balancing?
- cloud.google.com: Secret Manager Best Practices
- cloud.google.com: Choose the best way to use and authenticate service accounts on Google Cloud
- cloud.google.com: 5 cheat sheets to help you get started on your Google Cloud journey 🌟 Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words, and that’s where these cheat sheets come in handy. Cloud Developer Advocate Priyanka Vergadia has built a number of guides that help developers visually navigate critical decisions, whether it’s determining the best way to move to the cloud, or deciding on the best storage options. Below are five of her top cheat sheets in one handy location.
- thenewstack.io: Configuring the Google Cloud Platform for High Availability
- zdnet.com: Google Cloud rolls out new security tools as threat landscape heats up New tools for the public sector will help agencies comply with President Joe Biden’s cybersecurity executive order, while other tools give Google Cloud customers more automated security operations and access to Palo Alto Networks’ threat detection technologies.
- cloud.google.com: Consume services faster, privately and securely - Private Service Connect now in GA
- cloud.google.com: VPN network overview Most VPC products in the public cloud take a regional approach. If you want to interconnect a bunch of regional VPCs later on, it’s tricky. Not with googlecloud. A single VPC is global with automatic communication across regions.
- kinsta.com: Top 7 Advantages of Choosing Google Cloud Hosting
- cloud.google.com: Monitor and troubleshoot your VMs in context for faster resolution
- infoq.com: Google Releases Its Certificate Authority Service into General Availability
- cloud.google.com: Your Google Cloud database options, explained
- cloud.google.com: A container story - Google Kubernetes Engine
- cloud.google.com: Save money and time with automated VM management and suspend/resume
- cloud.google.com: Traffic Director explained!
- cloud.google.com: How to transfer your data to Google Cloud
- cloud.google.com: Cloud DNS explained!
- cloud.google.com: Where should I run my stuff? Choosing a Google Cloud compute option
- cloud.google.com: What is Cloud Load Balancing?
- cloud.google.com: Google Cloud Networking overview 🌟🌟
- cloud.google.com: Service orchestration on Google Cloud
- cloud.google.com: The next big evolution in serverless computing
- cloud.google.com: Enabling keyless authentication from GitHub Actions
- cloud.google.com: Cloud IDS for network-based threat detection is now generally available
- cloud.google.com: DevOps and CI/CD on Google Cloud explained
- cloud.google.com: What is Cloud CDN and how does it work?
- networkmanagementsoftware.com: Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Networking Fundamentals
- cloud.google.com: Service Directory cheat sheet Fact: Most enterprises have a large number of heterogeneous services deployed across different clouds and on-premises environments. Fact: It is complex to look up, publish, and connect these services. Fact: Service Directory can help.
- devlibrary.withgoogle.com 🌟 New open source content library from Google, a showcase of what developers like you have built with Google technologies.
GCP Samples (Boilerplates)
- github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/cloud-code-samples 🌟
- kelseyhightower/cmd-tutorial This tutorial will walk you through provisioning some VMs on GCP so you can kick the tires on Cmd – Track and Control Users in Production.
Managing Cluster Level Configuration
- Config Sync Overview One of the most challenging day two concerns for Kubernetes users is managing cluster level configuration, think namespaces, CRDs, and RBAC rules, across multiple clusters. For GKE customers Config Sync is a game changer.
Google Cloud AppSheet
- Google Cloud AppSheet
- infoworld.com: Google Cloud AppSheet review: No-code with extras Google’s easy no-code app builder lets you add functionality with spreadsheet formulas and expressions, and even apply machine learning models.
- engineering.mercari.com: Kubernetes based autoscaler for Cloud Spanner
Anthos. Google’s Hybrid And Multi-Cloud Platform
- Anthos 🌟
- Everything You Want To Know About Anthos - Google’s Hybrid And Multi-Cloud Platform
- itnext.io: Anthos — Multi-cluster Management
- itnext.io: Ingress for Anthos — Multi-cluster Ingress and Global Service Load Balancing
- A hybrid cloud-native DevSecOps pipeline with JFrog Artifactory and GKE on-prem 🌟 Running in a hybrid environment means that some of your processing happens on Google Cloud and other processing remains on-premises. Anthos helps you manage both an on-premises Kubernetes cluster and a cluster running on Google Cloud.
- Bringing Kubernetes’ goodness to Windows Server apps with Anthos Windows container support to GKE on-premises through Anthos.
- cloud.google.com: Anthos makes multi-cloud easier with new API, support for Azure
- medium.com/google-cloud: Anthos-at-Home: Spinning Up a Bare-Metal Anthos Cluster on Dumpster Servers In this article, you will learn the capabilities of Anthos on bare metal and find a detailed guide and explanation on how to do it yourself
- Cloud Code 🌟 Everything you need to write, debug, and deploy your cloud-native applications.
Google Cloud Buildpacks
Google Cloud Deploy
- cloud.google.com: Introducing Google Cloud Deploy: Managed continuous delivery to GKE
- cloud.google.com: Google Cloud Deploy, now GA, makes it easier to do continuous delivery to GKE
- infoq.com: Google’s Managed Continuous Delivery Service for Kubernetes Moves to GA
- db-auth-gateway An authentication proxy for Google Cloud managed databases
- cloud.google.com: Declarative Export. Build your perfect Google Cloud infrastructure using Terraform and the gcloud CLI Google Cloud CLI’s preview release of Declarative Export for Terraform. Declarative Export allows you to export the current state of your Google Cloud infrastructure into a descriptive file compatible with Terraform (HCL) or Google’s KRM declarative tooling.
- cloud.google.com: The gcloud tool cheat sheet
- github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/k8s-config-connector: GCP Config Connector Config Connector is a Kubernetes add-on that allows you to manage GCP resources, such as Cloud Spanner or Cloud Storage, through your Kubernetes cluster’s API
Click to expand!
Click to expand!
🎟 You want to get a ticket to @googlecloud networking, it's really cool!— Priyanka Vergadia (@pvergadia) November 1, 2021
🤓 I take an example company and walk trough the different networking services, take look 👉 https://t.co/tTwLp7DXH4#cloudnetworking #cloudcomputing pic.twitter.com/yFVEUpLy1g
Our new managed continuous service delivery, @googlecloud Deploy, just became generally available.— Richard Seroter (@rseroter) January 21, 2022
I'm supposed to be working on something else, but I want to check it out. Let's procrastinate on real-work together, shall we?
Quick 🧵 as I deploy a #dotnet app to GKE. pic.twitter.com/Ve07Gnog7q
Creating a GCP service account for each running k8s deployment is ugly. Thankfully, good folks working on Workload Identity @googlecloud have conjured up some dark magic that allows you to bind RBAC directly to Kubernetes service accounts!— Nick Eberts (@nicholas_eberts) March 18, 2022
Checkout a short demo 🧵 showing how…