AWS Pricing and Cost Optimization
- May 2020: EC2 Price Reduction – For EC2 Instance Saving Plans and Standard Reserved Instances
- ec2.shop: Compare AWS EC2 instance price from the CLI
- infoq.com: AWS Launches Low-Cost Burstable T4g Instances Powered by AWS Graviton2
- freecodecamp.org: How to Optimize your AWS Cloud Architecture Costs
- aws.amazon.com: Amazon S3 Glacier Price Reduction
- infoq.com: AWS Announces Lower Cost Storage Classes for Amazon Elastic File System
- dzone: Understanding AWS Costs In this article, I’ll provide a comprehensive guide on how to understand your AWS costs and needs.
- thenewstack.io: 7 Tips for Cutting Down Your AWS Kubernetes Bill
- cast.ai: Keep your AWS Kubernetes costs in check with intelligent allocation (EKS) A guide to intelligently allocating Kubernetes costs with EKS
- thenewstack.io: Cloud Bill Risks of AWS Reserved Instances and Savings Plans
- dzone: A Guide on Estimating AWS EC2 Workloads for a Microservice Application AWS EC2 instance costs can be a significant part of the cloud bill, so it’s always a good idea to estimate the workloads using the AWS pricing calculator.
- Visualize and gain insights into your AWS cost and usage with Cloud Intelligence Dashboards and CUDOS using Amazon QuickSight
- blog.cloud-mercato.com: AWS m6i: The why you should abandon your m5
- aws.amazon.com: Exploring Data Transfer Costs for AWS Managed Databases
- cloudkatha.com: How to Setup Budget in AWS to Keep your Bill in Check
- AWS Announces Data Transfer Price Reduction for AWS PrivateLink, AWS Transit Gateway, and AWS Client VPN services
- topcloudops.com: Optimizing AWS RDS Cost Ways of reducing RDS cost
- calculator.aws: AWS Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Calculators
- Understanding your AWS Cost Datasets: A Cheat Sheet
- Announcing General Availability of AWS Cost Anomaly Detection
S3 Intelligent Tiering
- Manage Amazon S3 storage costs granularly and at scale using S3 Intelligent-Tiering Cost-effective data storage is critical when building and scaling data lakes that manage and hold growing datasets. By choosing the right storage architecture, customers are empowered to quickly experiment and migrate to AWS. Amazon S3 Intelligent-Tiering is a storage class that allows customers to optimize storage costs automatically when data access patterns change without performance impact or operational overhead, for all stages of data lake workflows.